What NOT To Do After a Fire
We often hear of tips of how to prepare your family if a fire occurs or even what to do after the fire has occurred; however, we don’t often hear of things we should avoid after a fire. Below are a few tips of things you should NOT do after a fire has occurred in your home.
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting SERVPRO of South Chesterfield/Wildwood.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.