Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning for Your Business
Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning for Your Business
Even the highest quality items can show soiling over time. Protect your investment by calling your local SERVPRO to clean and maintain your carpet and upholstery.
Carpets act as a filter, trapping dust, dirt, gases, animal hair and other soils. All carpet manufacturers agree on actions you can take between carpet cleanings to increase the life span of your carpet.
IICRC states that 79% of soil in carpet is dry soil. Vacuuming is a key component to proper care and maintenance of carpet. Preventative action items include:
- Regular vacuuming
- Spot removal
- Pilating the carpet to prevent matting
- Moving furniture to change traffic patterns
- Using walk-off mats to limit the amount of soil tracked onto carpet
Professional cleaning can address moderate and heavy soil conditions in your carpets. How often you’ll need professional cleaning depends on soil build-up, traffic, type and color of carpeting. A good rule of thumb would be to professionally clean your carpet every 12 months. The best advice is to clean carpets before they become totally saturated with soil. If you wait until carpets look really dirty, the carpets may never be restored to their former appearance. Dirt builds up in layers, and when a carpet looks dirty you are only seeing the dirt at the tips of the fibers. More dirt is hiding below the surface down near the base of the pile, causing damage to the carpet. When a carpet is saturated with dirt, the soil has penetrated crevices and has become firmly lodged.
For a cleaning backed by state-of-the-art equipment and professionals trained to the highest standards, call SERVPRO of South Chesterfield/Wildwood at 636-537-5400.
Residential Cleaning Services
SERVPRO of South Chesterfield/Wildwood offers several different residential cleaning services. Our crews are trained to do anything from carpet and upholstery cleaning to air duct cleaning. We have a highlighted a few of the services we can offer below.
Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning
- The SERVPRO carpet and upholstery cleaning service will not only get out the dirt you see, but will remove the unwanted dust you don’t. A professionally cleaned carpet and furniture may make all the difference in brightening up a room and freshening up your home.
Air Duct Cleaning
- We all have tasks around the house that don’t make it to the top of our priority list. Properly maintaining your home’s air ducts should not be one of them. Regular duct cleaning can increase your home’s heating and cooling efficiency and improve the quality of the air you and your family breathe.
- Your basic cleaning service is not going to have the expertise to effectively deodorize your home. Take advantage of SERVPRO’s residential cleaning services to remove unwanted odors.
Call SERVPRO of South Chesterfield/Wildwood today to learn more about how we can help you with your cleaning needs at 636-537-5400.
Fire Safety and Tips
Did you know according to redcross.org that if a fire starts in your home you may have as little as two minutes to escape? This is why it’s so important for you and your family to have an escape plan if a fire would break out in your home. Below are a few other tips the American Red Cross recommends to help keep you safe.
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms and outside of sleeping areas.
- Test smoke alarms every month. If they’re not working, change the batteries.
- Talk with all family members about a fire escape plan and practice the plan twice a year.
- If a fire occurs in your home, get out, stay out and call for help. Never go back inside for anything or anyone.
The first call should always be made to 911. Once the fire is controlled and you need help with clean up, call SERVPRO of South Chesterfield/Wildwood at 636-537-5400.
Preparing ahead of time for a Storm
There are several things that can be done to prepare ahead of time for a storm. The American Red Cross has put together a comprehensive list of how to best prepare for storms ahead. Below you will find the list of things they recommend everyone should do. You can also visit their website to learn more about their Thunderstorm Safety Checklist at redcross.org
- Learn about your local community’s emergency warning system for severe thunderstorms.
- Discuss thunderstorm safety with all members of your household.
- Pick a safe place in your home for household members to gather during a thunderstorm. This should be away from windows, skylights and glass doors that could be broken by strong winds.
- Make a list of items to bring inside in the event of a severe thunderstorm.
- Make trees and shrubbery more wind resistant by keeping them trimmed and removing damaged branches.
- Protect your animals by ensuring that any outside buildings that house them are protected in the same way as your home.
- Consult your local fire department if you are considering installing lightning rods.
- Get trained in first aid and learn how to respond to emergencies.
- Put together an emergency preparedness kit:
- Water – one gallon per person, per day
- Food – Non-perishable, easy to prepare
- Battery-powered or hand-crank radio (NOAA Weather Radio, if possible)
- Extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Medications (7-day supply)
- Multi-purpose tool
- Sanitation and personal hygiene items
- Copies of personal documents
- Cell phone with chargers
- Family and emergency contact information
- Extra cash
Water Damage Assessment
Water Damage Assessment
The water damage restoration process begins with a detailed inspection of your property. Our production teams are trained in determining the scope of work that needs to be performed and the best action plan to mitigate the situation.
The first order of business is to identify and stop the issue at hand. The source of the problem needs to be stopped before the drying process can begin. The next step is for our crews to determine if the water is contaminated.
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals must identify the category and classification of water to your property safely to industry specifications. The type of water contamination will affect the specific restoration processes used to restore your property.
- White / Category 1 Water
- Gray / Category 2 Water
- Black / Category 3 Water
They will inspect your home to determine the extent of the damage. They will be sure to look for any safety concerns and share those with you as they find them. If you are aware of lead or asbestos being present in your home, please share this information with your SERVPRO professionals.
Call SERVPRO of South Chesterfield/ Wildwood today to receive a free assessment of the water damage done to your home at 636-537-5400
Protecting Furniture from Water Damage
Many people experience water damage in their home in some form throughout their life. It can be overwhelming and scary to know what you should do when this happens. First, you want to make sure everyone is safe. The next thing we often think about is how we can protect and save valuable items in our home. Here are a couple of helpful tips to help protect your furniture when experiencing light flooding or a small water loss in your home.
- Wrap wooden furniture legs in aluminum foil to protect them from rising water.
- Place wood blocks under your wooden furniture legs to keep it high above rising waters.
These tips should help protect your furniture until we’re able to get on-site and extract the water. If you have water damage in your home, call us at 636-537-5400. We’re available 24/7 to take care of the problem.
Tips for Preventing the Spread of COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic is not something everyone was prepared for in 2020. It is important that everyone continue to do their part to help stop the spread. According to redcross.org here are some helpful tips to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Sneeze or Cough? Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or use your elbow.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces around your home and work frequently.
- Keep at least 6 feet between yourself and others if you must be in public.
- Wear a cloth face covering over your mouth and nose when around others.
SERVPRO of South Chesterfield/Wildwood can assist in any of your cleaning and disinfecting needs through our Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned program. Call us today to learn more at 636-537-5400. We’re available 24/7 to take care of the problem.
Emergency READY Profile
Commercial Water Damage Restoration
Water damage can strike your commercial property at any time. Water damage can sideline your business regardless if the damage occurs from a major storm event or a broken water line. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity.
SERVPRO of South Chesterfield/Wildwood can offer your business or property an Emergency READY Profile. This helps in minimizing business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do, what to expect and who to call in advance is the key to timely mitigation. We can help you put together an action plan should you face a water emergency.
Call us today to learn more about our Emergency READY Profiles at 636-537-5400. We’re available 24/7 to take care of the problem.
Cleaning Process After a Fire
Fire damage can be very costly, especially to a business that needs to get their doors back open to their customers as soon as possible. We understand the stress this can cause to a business owner and that is why we restore all we can. If we can restore it, this will cut down on lost revenue as you will not need to allow for additional closed days for reconstruction work. This is how we clean interior walls free from soot and smelly residue caused by the fire.
- Apply cleaning solution to a rag and work from bottom to top in 3-4-inch circles.
- Apply rinsing solution to rag and work from bottom to top
- Fold the towel in quarters. Dry the cleaned area. Rotate the towel as each side becomes damp.
If you have a fire and need our help, Call us at 636-537-5400. We’re available 24/7 to take care of the problem.
Tips to Avoid Storm Damage
This is what a basement looked like after 4 inches of water had receded after a storm.
During a storm, it is not uncommon for the St. Louis Metro area to see several inches of rain to fall in a very short period of time. This tends to cause flash flooding throughout the area and can wreak havoc on people’s homes. It’s important to make sure you are prepared and your home is protected when these things happen. Unfortunately, there are times it is completely unavoidable but there are some things that can be done to make sure you are taking precautions. Below are a few suggestions of things to do:
- Sump pump maintenance should occur yearly. We often hear people have flooded basements due to sump pump failures. Have this checked regularly to ensure yours is working properly.
- Make sure your gutters and drains are cleared of debris so water can free flow in the areas it has been directed to go.
Even after taking these precautions, flooding can still happen. If you have a water emergency, call 636-537-5400. We’re available 24/7 to take care of the problem.